With the countdown on for the premiere of the second season of Showtime‘s The Borgias, the network has been working overtime to make sure everyone with eyes and a remote control has assumed the correct position come Sunday, April 8 at 10PM (ET/PT). In that spirit, they have sent me a stack if season 1 DVDs to give away – yep, give away – to the most creative and dedicated viewers who are reading this post. Here’s how:
1. Pick one (or all; hey, every submission counts) of the photos below and come up with the wittiest caption your mind can think of. If you’re not that smart, call a friend and ask him/her and don’t tell them about the contest.
2. If you’re not into captions, but love the concept of a good meme, show me what you can do. And let’s be clear: I don’t want any ignant posts: be funny, be true to the characters/actors/mise-en-scène/whatever makes sense to you.
3. If you don’t know what a meme is, check this site for reference. Actually, while you’re there, use their technology to generate the image so it makes life easier. Don’t say I am not a generous judge.
4. Post them on the kitchensofa Facebook page and tag me in it so I know what’s going on. And, make sure you include Showtime (or on Twitter - @Sho_Network or Instagram (@Showtime) so they can put your image(s) in their gallery.
5. The contest runs from right this very moment through midnight ET on March 28, so there’s not a lot of time. Put down the Cheetos and get to work.
6. Not all of you are creative enough to enter this contest. Know your limitations upfront and just go buy the complete first season DVD here.
7. If you’re not already checking The Borgias website, do so here.
8. I have a few posters for season 2 as well. I haven’t decided who gets those, but will make something up ASAP.
9. Because all that’s work, here’s a little something to tide you over until the 8th:
… and here are the pictures. Download them, doctor them up and upload them like I told you to. I’m looking forward to getting some really witty stuff here folks. Don’t let me down.
Are you following me on twitter? If not, why not? @josephrileyland.